What's your favourite year in music?
Updated: Jun 3, 2019
For me, unquestionably, it's 1979. I realised a while back that most of my favourite albums came out in that year and I began to wonder why I kept returning to the same albums. Was it because it was during my formative teenage years? Yes probably. This was definitely the year when I started to buy music regularly. And wasn't I lucky? Such an amazing year. So many great bands and so much great stuff. Sometimes it's hard to know where to start but I'm going to have a go. These are my Top 10 from that year.
1. The Raven - The Stranglers
2. London Calling - The Clash
3. Machine Gun Etiquette - The Damned
4. Inflammable Material - Stiff Little Fingers
5. Drums and Wires - XTC
6. The Crack - The Ruts
7. Valley Of The Dolls - Generation X
8. Shades In Bed - The Records
9. A Different Kind Of Tension - Buzzcocks
10. Damn The Torpedos - Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers